Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Appleton? As a general rule, there are three significant sectors of your property for video protection: your main entry, the exterior space around your home, and strategic interior positions. Even though your provider is able to advise where to start, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Don’t Forget To Protect Your Front Door
Even though you might find it unlikely that a burglar would try to casually enter through the front door, 34% of invasions occur at the front door. There are also delivery bandits among other threats to consider. Doorbell surveillance is perfect to manage these types of concerns with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Doorbell cameras are extra useful as you can converse with any visitors who come and ring the bell. With the help of your mobile application, like ADT Control, you can answer every ring with two-way communications and live feeds and look like you’re home. In the event a person does try to do something questionable, you will have your video doorbell record a clip and deliver it to your smartphone via a text notification.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Exterior Cameras
Determining where to place home security cameras around your property is a more challenging undertaking. Thankfully, there are a few beneficial suggestions to help ensure your property is safeguarded appropriately.
- The corners of your Appleton house offer a better field-of-view, seeing two segments of your yard.
- Position underneath an overhang or directly into a length of siding or exterior trim are excellent options for cameras as they will be partly hidden by your home.
- Over your garage, because the garage door is an easier access point for intruders than you might believe!
- Over a back porch or rear door -- or any entrance not in clear view from the road.
To make sure these locations are successful, make sure you cut back any overgrown plants or trees that could obscure your ability to see clearly.
Tips To Get The Best Results From Your In-Home Video Equipment
You have more options on where to place home security cameras within your home in Appleton. But the additional versatility results in there being other installation variables to think about:
- Windows and Sunlight: Even though you should make sure your windows are secure, the natural light from a window might cause glare and affect your camera’s video feed. Aim your interior camera lens away from direct sunlight to avoid this.
- Utilize Height: Just like an observation deck, a video camera installed in an elevated area will produce a wider field of vision. You might situate your cameras above bookshelves or affixed to a corner or ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your video equipment will lose its ability to safeguard your home if anything happens to it. Install your security cameras where children or pets aren’t able to tamper with them. Consider mounting or other ways to secure them to be certain they don’t crash to the ground if inadvertently knocked into.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The best surveillance system won’t help you much if you have a plant obstructing the field of vision. On the other hand, decor or foliage also have the ability to cloak your surveillance installation. Just ensure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and additional security components, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the right package for your entire property -- safeguarding all areas. Simply contact (920) 309-5628 or submit the form below to arrange a consultation.