Modern residential security installations have become increasingly more intelligent. Even so, it’s still easy to fail to perform easy security duties like activating your a security system, closing the garage, or even making sure your doors are locked.
How would you feel if you never had to remember doing these things again? With geofencing in Appleton, you can simply leave the house and let your home security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Appleton For your Security System?
Geofencing creates a virtual border along the sides of your property, which you may set up in your smart security app. The technology then tracks your cell phone to see when you cross the perimeter and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components use to interact with other connected equipment. This innovative approach assists your home security by centralizing all elements onto one, unified network. You can then institute specific boundaries around your property and program particular actions as you move beyond the prearranged border line.
To illustrate, shortly after you pull away from your premises, you may set your security system to secure your front and back doors, lower the garage door, and arm your alarms. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will inform your system to disarm alarms, open the garage, brighten first-floor lights, and even change your your temperature settings.
Here are a handful of the technologies you will be able to command with geofencing:
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics like speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can utilize your property’s security system in Appleton. When accessing the mobile app, you can reap the benefits of home automation. In a few easy touches of your phone, and you are able to:
● Enable Scheduling: program your smart components to activate at predetermined times. Instruct your lighting to turn down to indicate that it's time for bed, or disarm your home’s alarm the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make certain devices come alive in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat turn on the exhaust fan when the fire alarm goes off. Or turn on your smart bulb in the hallway when your security camera detects abnormal activity in the yard.
● Preprogram scenes: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that function in concert with each other. Have your lighting lower, the temperature go down, and the smart locks activate when it's time for bed. Or program the system for TV night with specific lighting and temperature levels.
● Protect your home with geofencing: It's easy to forget to arm your alarm system as you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing technology and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Appleton
Whether you seek additional certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you want to explore your home automation options, geofencing can help. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (920) 309-5628 or submit the form below to get started on your ideal security system.